Saturday, June 27, 2009

So many news topics to discuss so little time

Wow. I never thought my first true blog post I would be at a loss for what to actually address. Do I chose Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, the Jenna 6, or Mark Sanford.

Well let's roll the dice and chose one at random...... Oh interesting Mark Sanford.

I love this newest thing that has the political landscape scrambling. The Democrats are licking their lips smelling blood, and the GOP is trying to see about damage control. Now politicians and infidelity is nothing new. A good man once said the prostitution was the oldest profession, then game politicians, interesting how the two oldest professions are constantly interweaving. I personally have no sympathy for this guy. Not because he got caught or anything like that, but for those of you who may have forgotten. As a congressman, Sanford voted in favor of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, stating the need for "moral legitimacy."

I hate hypocrisy. Now what I am thinking here is perhaps he was not as outraged that Bill Clinton has an affair with an intern. In looking back now maybe he was jealous. Or perhaps Bill Clinton broke a secret code of politicians of not getting caught. Oh who am I kidding, we all know that it was political posturing back then. Who ever thought that oral satisfaction could cause so much trouble.

Back to the current state of things. Now do you think that Mr Sandford will do the right thing for "moral legitimacy." and step down? Oh no why should he do that? Why should he stand up for the same principals that he once stood on? Ahhh politics lately have been making me shake my head with amusement.

Now on the flip side of the coin I can understand falling out of love with a significant other. I was married once.... or was I? Yet I remember what it is like to fall out of love with someone, and have an infatuation with a new person. I can understand leaving that person for your new flame. I would hardly give it pause in this blog if he was not so adamant against Clinton when he was outed.

Yet the other kicker is the tax payers of South Carolina actually paid for his trip to infidelity. Opps got caught in Argentina on the tax payers dime boinking your mistress. Nice job! Yet I will have to wonder will he step down, or will something truly mind boggling happen? Will he be reelected?

That is a question to ponder another time.

Blogger X

No comments:

Post a Comment