Monday, June 29, 2009

What bill is Jefferson on?

Why it is the $2 bill of course. Why would I post this? Well today I went to the store and as I was waiting for the woman to check out in front of me trouble begins. Her bill was $17.22. She hands the cashier 9 bills. The guy looks at it and hands it back asking for real cash. I about lost it.

The woman handed it back saying it is real money. The man accused her of trying to pass counterfeit bills. He went as far as to say that the only bills were the one, five, ten twenty, and one hundred dollar bill. At this point I had to pipe up. I asked innocently as I could "What about the fifty dollar bill?" He turned to me and said "You be quiet and don't make trouble, or else you will be in trouble too."

Now the way this person told me to be quiet, took me back for a moment and had me stunned. Then it really dawned on me. This person truly thought he had a counterfeiter on his hands. At this point the lady was furious demanding a manager. I don't blame her. The manager comes up, and I sware this kid could not be out of college yet. He agrees with the cashier. Now while the three argue I look around for a camera. I am thinking there is no way in hell this is real.

Thing escalate and the woman has plenty of other cash to pay with but she is holding firm. No way is she going to be told her $2 bills are not legal tender. They had just come from the bank. Just when I think I saw it all the police show up. I am thinking great this will be over now, so I can get my Pops and go home. Then I am nearly floored with laughter. The cop says they are counterfeit too, because there is no $2 bill. I could not stop laughing.

The officer looks at me and asks if there was a problem, and I responded with "I never knew they let morons in the police department now." This started a back and forth between the officer and I, and I finally remarked. "Your right you have a huge counterfeiting ring here. You better call the secret service." Mind you there are more people joining in the conversations from all sides.

Salvation finally shows up in the form of a police sergeant who came in looked at the bills for about two seconds, then pulls out his I Phone and shows the cashier, manager, and the cop that there is indeed a $2 bill. I could not stop laughing. The cashier gives the lady her change, she leaves, then it is my turn. I pay with my debit card and request $2.00 cash back. The guy goes to hand me singles. I say "No I want a $2 bill." Would you believe the moron said they had no $2.00 bills? He did. I said some curt words and walked out with my Pops and my new crisp $2.00 bill.

Funny thing is I look at my receipt. I have two boxes of pops I was charged $.79 for a snickers bar...... I do not have a snickers bar.

Till next time
Blogger X

No comments:

Post a Comment